- New: Recent action log history is now accessible from history button at top of action list. Make access to recently performed actions quicker.
- New: Action log entries can now be deleted (Swipe right).
- New: CMD-Return external keyboard shortcut to toggle editor focus.
editor.isActive bool property to determine if editor is currently in edit mode.
- Fix: Omit drafts in the trash from queries unless the trash folder is explicitly queried.
- Fix: Properly restore last selection when opening a draft.
- Fix: Various improvements for dynamic text.
- New: Event action step returns for creating calendar events with default system card. Docs
event.edit() method. Displays a
Event object in the system event editing card. Allows scripting to create modify the default values for the event (start/end, add alarms, etc.) then display the event for modification/editing and adding to the calendar. Docs
- Fix: Better restore of text selections when undo/redo are used.
Calendar object now has some additional options:
events(startDate, endDate); method to query the contents of a calendar. Returns an array of
Calendar.default property which returns the system default calendar for new events.
find(title) method looks up a calendar by name.
Calendar.getAllCalendars(); returns array of all known calendars on the device.
- Change: Better error reporting when file imports fail for some reason.
- Fix: Workaround dark theme tinting of the system file import view.
- Fix: Do not allow external keyboard shortcuts to interfere with arrow keys while editing search fields.
- New: Box action step to create, append, prepend to files in Box.com service. Docs and Examples
Box script object to read and write files to Box.com service. Docs
- New: Support traditional table edit mode for better VoiceOver experience.
- Fix: Improve frequency of updates to app badge.
- New: Workspaces and tag filter now support All/Any mode selection to switch between filtering multiple tags in boolean and / or modes.
- New: “Open in…” action step to support old-style document interaction export. Docs and Examples
- New: Ability to disable/enable and duplicate action steps. Handy for WIP step modifications and variants.
- Fix: Refactor animation to avoid oddball case where the side panels could get stuck when the cursor was in certain positions with certain content in a draft.
- New: Full access to Twitter API via Twitter object “request” method. Full docs on the way.
- Fix: Threading issue scripting twitter updateStatus calls.
- New: Inbox/Flagged/Archive/Trash tabs now support drag and drop. Draft drafts from list onto them to move them (or assign flags).
- New: “Inbox default swipe action” setting in “…” options of draft list. Allow changing of the default behavior of a full swipe on a draft in the inbox between “Archive” and “Trash”. Default is “Archive”.
editor.deactivate(); method to resign focus - opposite of existing
- Change: Use Safari View Controller in-app to open http links in Link mode.
- Change: Improve visibility in Workspaces Today widget.
- New: Keyboard shortcuts for cancel (cmd-.) and continue (cmd-return) options in HTML Previews.
- Change: Prompt for reviews occassionally.
- Fix: Crasher accessing App Store with poor network connectivity.
- Change: A few tweaks to Evernote login process to try to fix login for some in China.
- New: iMessages app is back.
- New: Improvements to drafts selection screen, which is used in iMessages, the Share extension and the
app.selectDraft() method. Can now be filtered by a tag and archive can be browsed. Sometime down the road it will get better filtering, but this will do for now.
- Change: Update MultiMarkdown from 6.0 to 6.3.2 to incorporate latest fixes/updates. Includes a few bugs rendering tables w/o opening closing pipe characters and with maintaining indents in code blocks.
- Change: Improve margin calculations to better optimize readable line lengths, especially on the big iPads.
- New: Twitter action now logs URL for tweet in action log when successful.
Twitter script object.
updateStatus(string) method to post a tweet, returns bool success value.
- Change: Some improvements for migrating actions from Drafts 4.
- Fix: Text could go behind keyboard row on iPhone X with external keyboard connected.
- Fix: Do not allow edit of name in current list options workspace.
editor.redo() were not working properly.
- Fix: Maintain position of quick access tabs (both Workspace and Action Groups) after selecting new tab.
- Fix: VoiceOver issues with tag selection and editing.
- Change: Improved refresh of processed updates when viewing a draft on Apple Watch.