What is Drafts?
Drafts is a quick capture note taking app for iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch. Drafts launches ready to type, making it quick and easy to capture thoughts, status updates or anything else on the go. After capture, Drafts provides a powerful array of highly customizable “actions” to send text to email, messages, events, Dropbox, Evernote, social media, other apps – making it an indispensible tool for anyone trying to be productive on iOS.
Originally launched in April, 2012, Drafts has been one of the most consistently developed and popular apps in the App Store productivity category and has garnered top awards, including Macworld’s coveted Eddy Award in 2013 and selection for the Lifehacker pack of essential iPhone and iPad apps.
What is Drafts 5?
Drafts 5 is a ground-up rewrite of the app, bringing a new features and updates to all areas of the app. A more complete overview of updates is available, some highlights include:
- Updated editing experience with better, more flexible tools.
- Tappable task marks for shopping lists and quick todos.
- More customizability with app-wide themes and custom icons.
- Tagging and Workspaces make it easier to organize information.
- More efficient processing of captured drafts with next-previous navigation and Focus Mode.
- Dramatically enhanced action and scripting capabilities open new possibilities for integrating with web services, working with files.
- Siri support: “Hey Siri, Create a note using Drafts…”
- App Store Link: https://itunes.apple.com/app/id1236254471?ls=1&mt=8
- Release Date: April 18, 2018.
- Universal app for iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch
- Free Download
- Free version allow extensive feature set with ability to create and sync unlimited content and perform actions.
- Drafts Pro Subscription: $1.99 USD per month, or $19.99 USD per year with 7 day free trial
- Pro subscription unlocks themes, icon customization, action editing, workspaces and other advanced features. Details
- Free Download
- Drafts - Overview: Vimeo | YouTube
- A quick introduction to how to use Drafts for quick capture and acting on text.
- Drafts - What’s New: Vimeo | YouTube
- A short tour of some highlights of the new Drafts 5 release for people familiar with Drafts.
- App Icon
- Banners and Social Media Assets
- iPhone Screenshots
- iPad Screenshots
- Apple Watch Screenshots