Send pre-configured email messages in the background using Google Gmail and GSuite accounts. This step sends mail using the Gmail API.
About Mail Options
There are several ways to send email with Drafts. For discussion of the different methods, see the Sending Mail with Drafts guide.
- Recipients: Comma separated list of recipient emails for each of the recipient types. These can be just email address, or
Name <email>formatted - like “Joe Smith email@example.com, Jane Doe firstname.lastname@example.org”.
- Subject: Template for the subject line.
- Body: Template for content of the message. If “Send as HTML” is enabled, this template is expected to output valid HTML, otherwise plain text.
- From: Usually left blank, but can be included to override Gmail’s default “From” value, in the format
- Send as HTML: If enabled, the mail is sent as formatted HTML email and the body template should output fully formed HTML. The most common use of this option is to run Markdown to HTML conversion to get rich-text mail. In this case the simple template “%%[[body]]%%” can be used.
- Credential Identifier: A string identifier for the Gmail account to use. This value is only needed if you wish to use more than one account with Drafts. If used, all actions with the same identifier will use the same alternate login for Gmail.