- Fix: Make sure draft is saved before using Share toolbar function.
- New: /workspace?name=Name URL scheme now works.
- New: /replaceRange URL scheme works.
- Fix: Do not animate initial window pane state on launch.
- Fix: Make tag filter tag list update if new tags are added.
- New: Work on onboarding.
- Change: Less obstrusive beta notification on launch.
- Change: Lots of general pass fixes for issues, clean up of menu commands.
- Change: Confirmation alert changing default syntax.
- New: Additional Find menu commands hooked up, like find next/previous (⌘-G, ⇧-⌘-G) and find selection.
- Fix: Fixes for some display glitches on High Sierra.
- New: Re-designed Editor Preferences window with access to editor settings for all syntaxes.
- Change: Changes to handling of notifications.
- Change: Re-assign capture window “clear” shortcut to option-command-del.
- Fix: Capture window should respond to editor theme changes.
- Change: General pass of UI improvements and tweaks.
- Change: Make sync indicator less likely to appear for quick sync updates.
- Fix:: Issue with text reverting and moving cursor to end of the draft.
- Change: Don’t show main window when showing Capture window.
- Change: Improvements to query tokenizer to better support searches for punctuation and single character searches.
- Fix: Improve TaskPaper project syntax recognition and project navigation markers.
- Fix: Quick fix for a sync-related issue with the same draft open on multiple devices simultaneously.
- New: Custom find & replace panel with regular expression support.
- New: Workspaces can now optionally switch the selected list tab (inbox, flagged, etc.) when applied.
- Change: Enable system text replacement shortcuts.
- New: Additional file menu commands, including File > Copy options.
- Change: Lots of little review of tooltips, control labels, etc.
- New: Capture window now can be expanded to display drafts, and supports selecting drafts to append/prepend and a variety of other things.
- New: Some changes to keep up with improvements coming to the iOS version, like the addition of an “All” tab in the draft list.
- Change: Preview window should remember last selected template.
- A variety of other small changes and tweaks around the app.
- Change: Rewrite loading of drafts in drafts list to not use NSFetchedResultsController because it is a crashy lump of coal that Apple should not have shipped on macOS. Hoping this resolves the majority of the crashing issues in the app.
- Change: Trying out a different configuration for capture window behavior.
- New: Duplicate option in contextual menu on draft list.
- New: Arrange mode now has additional swipe actions to move a line to the top or bottom.
- IMPORTANT: If you have run previous preview versions, Drafts data will re-sync when loading this version due to changes in the storage location to prepare for submission to the Mac App Store. Previous data stored in ~/Library/Group Containers/group.com.agiletortoise.Drafts can be deleted if desired.
- Change: Menu bar is now a menu with several options, not just a link to the capture window.
- Change: Capture window behavior changes. Still trying out some options here.
- Change: More tweaks to better handle background sync changes not loading properly in the UI
- Fix: “60 minutes” new draft creation option would not save properly.
- Fix: Remove some non-functioning contextual menu items.
- Fix: Auto-list completion now participates correctly in the undo history.
- Fix(?): Rework table view datasource handling to work around the fact that NSTableView really doesn’t support background data updates like UITableView - resulting in most of the crashes the Mac version has had. Not 100% sure on this fix, needs more testing and may will still have crashes or weird update issues in draft list.
- New: Workspace and list options now support:
- Sorting flagged to top in inbox and archive.
- Option to include flagged in archive or not (as was already present for inbox).
- New: MultiMarkdown and GitHub Markdown syntax options.
- MultiMarkdown supports some features of MMD, like footnotes, super/subscript, Critic Markup, definition lists
- GitHub Markdown adds strikethrough, footnotes, etc.
- Change: Remove some syntax features of the “Markdown” syntax (like footnotes) to make it more standard Markdown.
- New: Add fallback handling to Editor if draft with invalid syntax selection is loaded.
- New: Markdown preferences pane with similar settings as current iOS 5.5 release.
- Fix: Query string not getting cleared properly when clearing draft list filters, resulting in erroneously filtered or empty list.
- Fix: Issue with tag entered not sticking if idle timer triggered save.
- Change: Allow overscroll at end of draft text.
- Change: Load last viewed draft in editor on a cold start of app unless timeout exceeded.
- Fix: Visible state of tag entry should persist between restarts of app.
- Change: Better updating of selected draft in draft list when changed in editor.
- Change: ⌘-T tag entry shortcut should work in capture window.
- Change: Workspaces can be reordered by drag and drop
- Fix: Changing line height via text input was getting rounded to nearest integer value.
- Fix: More adjustments to startup process to avoid crasher merging sync changes.
- Fix: Toolbar customizations were not being saved.
- Fix: Navigate menu items not enabled in full screen mode.
- New: More work on main menu options.
- Fix: System font in editor was using Helvetica not San Francisco.
- Fix (hopefully): Crasher merging background changes from sync, often appearing emptying trash, or on launch.
- Fix: Selecting “Text” sort order in Workspace editor not working properly.
- Change: Improve interactions of menu bar capture window.
- Change: Change some menu shortcuts.
- New: View > Enter/Exit Full Screen (⌃-⌘-F) menu command.
- New: /append, /prepend, /get URL schemes now work (same as in iOS documentation).
- Fix: Tag entry menu command (⌘-T) should focus tag entry if the tag shelf is already visible.
- Change: Change trash can sweep to keep 30 days.
- New: Dock icon badge support (see notification preferences)
- New: Ability to toggle off/on sounds (see notification preference)
- New: Variety of new menu commands in main menu.
- New: Share extension supports additional input types, including Safari.
- New: Ability to select draft backup frequency (daily/weekly/monthly) and “Show in Finder” option in preferences.
- Change: Refactored many menu commands.
- Change: Menu commands to move drafts (inbox/archive/trash) will work on multiple selection in draft list now.
- Fix: Tapping a task mark could replace text in wrong location if editing was done above the task mark.
- Fix: Possible fix for crash on launch with some sync operations.
- Change: Restore unsaved text to capture window if app is quit and relaunched.
- Change: Clean up some options in text selection contextual menus.
- Fix: ⌘-N with main window closed should open window to new draft.
- Fix: If only omitted tags were in the draft list tag filter, the filter status did not display properly.
- Fix: Beta info window can be dismissed with keyboard (return / escape).
- New: HTML Preview window. File > Show Preview. Selectable templates, including custom templates stored in iCloud Drive/Drafts/Library/Templates which use standard Drafts tags.
- New: Add Share extension to capture text.
- New: “Send to Drafts” service in Services menu.
- Fix: “Never” option not sticking in preferences.
- Fix: Drafts captured via menu bar might have stale timestamps.
- Fix: /open URL did not work properly if the app was not already running.
- Fix: Open button in menu bar capture window not working properly.
- Fix: Improvements to operation in full screen mode.
- New: Add “Show Log in Finder” button in preferences to reveal sync log file.
- Fix: Improve display of active tag filters when too long to fit.
- Fix: Arrange view would not scroll to access off screen lines when dragging.
- Fix: Drafts list blanking out if menu commands to move current draft were used.
- Fix: Custom font selection not working if editor was focused before selecting settings.
- Fix: Leaving link mode enabled could result in overwriting text when changing selected draft.
- Fix: Make sure tags get normalized properly when entering them.
- Fix: Some tool tips missing for toolbar items.
- New: Added system to check for and encourage you to download new beta builds when they become available.
- New: More work on main menu commands.
- Fix: Fix possible case of sync activity not stopping.
- Fix: Right-click commands in draft list should only act on clicked row unless clicked row is one of the selected rows.
- Fix: Issue with cells appearing blank in draft list after moving drafts between tabs.
- Fix: Hopefully a fix for draft list getting stuck displaying blank entries when keyboard shortcuts used to move drafts between folders.
- New: Additional menu commands.
- Change: Rewrite paragraph numbers to work with macOS standard rulers.
- Fix: “Launch at login” preference should work now.
- New: Basic printing support.
- Change: Tooltips for buttons in quick capture window.
- Fix: Remove conflicting key equivalents for syntax selection.
- Change: Finish enabling syntax selection in quick capture window.
- Fix: Prevent accident display of not-ready actions list.
- Fix: Switching workspace selection in workspace editor might not save changes.